* flies away from your bad vibes with my winged eyeliner *
just so we’re clear:
- getting called out for doing something shitty is not the same as “getting hate”
- if someone is telling you that you did something shitty, they are not criticizing you as a person
- messing up does not make you an irredeemably awful human being
- but how you respond to criticism can be a pretty good indicator of your awfulness
Internalize the bold.
Stop apologizing for the things you enjoy eating.
Stop apologizing for the things you enjoy wearing.
Stop apologizing for how you prefer to spend your day.
Stop apologizing for the things that make you happy.
its weird that guys get so touchy when you accuse them of sexism like “im not sexist wtf????” when they should really be worried about “ive been acting sexist wtf????” like dude youre not the victim of an accusation the accusation is the result of your behavior